Monday, 26 January 2015

Burlap Canvas

Hello again everyone and HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY to all my Aussie readers.  I hope you have had a fantastic day wherever you are in our great southern land.  Today,  I have a little altered canvas to share. This was a pretty quick and easy project.  I have just covered a 6x6 art canvas with some natural hessian/burlap and with hubby's help stapled it all to the back.

I have taken some scraps from last weeks file folder mini album and ripped the edges.
I was after a thinner, more tissue look to the paper so I have gently rubbed the back of the paper with a baby wipe to dampen the paper.
Then I used my finger to gently rub the layers away.
I kept doing this till I had a chieved the look I was going for.  Be careful doing this guys...I rubbed a little to hard in places and actually ended up with a few holes, which wasn't any major drama really as I was going for a vintage/distressed look.
Once I was done I set the paper aside to dry and set to work on the hessian canvas.
I gave the edges a dry brush with some diluted gesso.....
Then a liberal coating of Mod Podge...
I also gave the paper a liberal coating too ;)
I then VERRRRRRY gently lifted the paper and adhered it to the canvas and applied another generous coat of Mod Podge....
I let this soak for a little bit, then grabbed my stipple brush and began to pounce the paper into the weave of the hessian.

I set this aside to dry.  Lucky it is summer down here and I didn't have to wait too long before I could get back to creating....Once it was dry I added some gesso - undiluted this time - to the edges

and then it was time to get inky with it...I pulled out some of my pigment ink pads and added some colour.

Then spritzed it with some Perfecr Pearls Mist - Biscotti.  I love this stuff and use it all the time...It adds a nice shimmer with changing the colours too much...  I also love how as it soaks in it blends the pigment inks together.
My next step was to add a generous coat of gesso to  an antique filligree butterfly

and spray it with some Lindy's...but I wasn't that happy with the colours, so I ended  up using some alcohol inks in aqua and pink sherbert, whic you will be able to see in the glamour shots below.
I have cut some flowers using the Tim Holtz, FLower Garland die and coloured them with the pigment inks

Then I began to play with the layout.....added some rubons, washi tape and some vintage ephemera that co-ordinated with the Madame Payroud collection.  I have added a saying, and the chipboard word came from one of my previous kits.

Once I was happy with where everything went I quickly glued everything down before I changed my mind....I also printed off the saying, inked up the word strips with some Tim Holtz distress inks in Tea Dye and Walnut Stain.

So readers here are all her "glamour" shots......

I do hope you have enjoyed my little altered canvas today.  I hope have inspired you all to dive into your stash and play around with what you have!!  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out all the Mad About Scrappin links below.

✿ღ.~♥  Much Love ♥~ღ.✿

Monday, 19 January 2015

Madame Payraud File Folder Mini Album

Hey all, Welcome back!  Today I have a real quick mini album to share.  I have used the last of my Madame Payraud design team kit from Mad About Scrappin.  I have seen heaps of these cute little mini over on youtube and thought it was high time I give try my hand at one.

I have used 2 foolscap cream coloured manilla folders and some vintage ephemara that I printed off from the internet.

 Well guys I don't really have much to say, so I will let the pictures do the talking for me.....

 I really loved how this little mini turned out...very vintage-y.  I willd efinitley m=be making a few more of these as soon as I have restocked my file folders!! :)  As always thanks for stopping by, I hope you have enjoyed my mini as much as I did creating it.  Please be sure to check out the links below to see what my other creative team mates have been up to...

....remember to live your bliss......
✿ღ.~♥  Much Love ♥~ღ.✿

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Dream Layout

Hey all and welcome to my blog.  Today I would like to share my burlap canvas that I created for Faith Pocock Craft Studio Ltd.  This layout was inspired by one I saw on pinterest.  However I haven't got any burlap canvas' I decided to alter a plain art canvas - with some help from hubby.  I started out with one of these

Measured up some burlap........

which hubby then stapled to the canvas for me

I then gathered all the Prima Cigar Box Secrets I received in this months design team kit

and then started to have some fun!!!
I pulled out my brick wall stencil and some modelling paste

I also pulled out my gesso and rubbed some around the corners.

Once the gesso and modelling paste dried I then started layering up with some paper doilies, flowers and an ATC sized journalling spot.  I also added some vines from my stash and a wooden icon from the embellishments pack.

The title "Dream" is from the "Zephyr" collection, but it co-ordinated perfectly with this set.  The metal butterfly was from this months kit.  You can find these here

I have used the Cigar Box Secrets co-ordinating  blooms and small flowers to embellish the corner

along with more of the little paper rosebuds and wooden icons

Here is the finished layout..
I just love how this turned out and can't wait to transform more of my art canvas's.

 Well readers that's all I have for you today, thanks for stopping by and taking a look, please come and like Faith's Store on Facebook and check out all the latest goodies she has for sale by clicking the links below.

....remember to live your bliss......
✿ღ.~♥  Much Love ♥~ღ.✿